Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Resin Table Top

finished product!
beginning to put resin down
this is the resin product I used, mixing in small batches
putting resin down

just paper down before resin


I had this buffet cabinet built for the store last year when I had to close store #2, because I needed storage in the worst way. Since closing a store is an emotional and physical drain, I was not too inspired to finish off the cabinet in any creative sort of way for about 4 months. Well, last week I decided to paint the store, and the cabinet and I think it is totally cool. I purchased some handmade paper, glued it down and then I poured the easy epoxy clear gloss resin over the top and let it dry. It looks great! I then painted and stained the wood cabinet so it took on a metal/ industrial sort of look. Check out the photos and let me know what you think!

No comments: